Tuesday, March 22, 2011


Sara Melius
RR Donnelley-Operations Intern

RR Donnelley is located on four continents, in nearly 40 different countries making it one of the largest printing companies in the world, and the largest in North America. It produces everything from magazines, catalogs, and books, along with advertising material, financial reports and business forms. RR Donnelley works with more than 60,000 customers worldwide and is a global provider of integrated communications. They all work together to develop solutions that reduce costs and enhance return on invest.

I started my internship in January 2011 and have been enjoying every second of it. This is RR Donnelley’s first intern at this facility, so this is a new experience for both of us. I am already learning more than I ever anticipated and know that I have much more to learn. I work as the operations intern at the warehouse and assist in many projects. Right now, I am currently doing a time study to possibly help save the company some money and speed up productivity. I work a lot with Excel so taking Quantitative Business Analysis has really helped me out quite a bit. I am just in the early part of my supply chain classes, but am seeing such a huge connection between my course work and the projects assigned to me at RR Donnelley.

My supervisor has helped me become comfortable with the every day activities, but has also pushed me to do things I would have never thought I would. I am becoming more confident with myself and expressing my opinions as these two areas were my greatest challenges. I am creating connections with other employees which helps make the internship that much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment