Thursday, December 2, 2010

Miller Internship


Jason Vanden Berg

Miller Electric Mfg. Co. is an industry leader in manufacturing arc welding and cutting equipment designed for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture, and marine applications. Miller is owned by Illinois Tool Works (ITW), where it holds worldwide leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality, and responsiveness.

I am currently an Operations Management Intern with the Portable Power Group at Miller Electric in Appleton, WI. I assist in day to day operations with ordering, shipping, and receiving. I am also involved with quoting, setting up production lines and long term, and other various company projects. It is a very interesting job that is teaching me a lot.

The thing I like the most about this internship is that I’m involved in decision making. I was able to be the leader in a project that set up and organized a production line for two very important products Miller produces. This allowed me to work with many different people within the Miller organization. This also allowed me to be in contact with suppliers and understand that side of the business. Along with setting up that production line I am able to work on cost savings projects. These projects are awesome because it allows me to use my business knowledge along with incorporating things that I have learned from school.

I am learning an enormous amount of knowledge at Miller. This internship has absolutely helped me with my future career goals. I would recommend Miller Electric to any college student looking for an exciting and rewarding internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment